Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Home Keeper's Journal - Struggling


Each Wednesday, The HomeKeeper’s Journal is led by Sylvia at CHK. You’re welcome to join The HomeKeeper’s Journal, too. To see Sylvia’s entry for this week and/or find instructions for participating, visit Sylvia’s entry for this week at: http://christianhomekeeper.org/blog/homekeepers-journal-with-linky-love-struggling/

I know. I'm a bit late with this one since it was posted last week. But we were camping then and I thought this was a good topic.

I struggle in my kitchen with … keeping healthy snacks available at all times.

Struggles of any kind have a tendency to make me …… a bit frustrated. But after I cool off a bit, I usually allow God to use them as His perfect teachable moments in my life. (At least that's my goal! ~wink~)

I struggle more when …… it's hot and humid. Ugh!

When it comes to people, I struggle … when they know the best thing but make poor choices and choose something second-rate (or even much worse). I want what's best for everyone involved, and I get frustrated when they don't seem to want the best for themselves or their children. For example, I struggle with people who spend their time living for themselves while their children are growing up to be spoiled brats because it's easier to throw money at them than to spend time with them and train them.

When it comes to struggles, I believe the Lord wants me to know …. that He is in control of all things at all times. He allows struggles into our lives to cause us to grow and to lean on Him. May I be faithful in allowing Him to mold and shape me.

No comments:

Post a Comment