Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Home Keeper's Journal - This summer

The Homekeeper’s Journal is a way to keep track of your thoughts, in journal form, online. Normally, new topics are posted weekly, but since nothing was posted this week, I thought I'd pull from a prior week.

In my yard… This year we put in a square foot garden. I love it! We made our own dirt (as the book recommends) from compost, vermiculite, and peat moss. I love that combination! As a result of that, I have very little weeding to do in the garden. (I did use some regular topsoil for a strawberry bed, and I'm weeding that constantly.) We also put a nice chicken-wire-lined picket fence around it to ensure that we eat more of our garden's bounty than the local rabbits! I love going out to sit on the swing and watch the garden grow!

On my grill… This summer we're learning the art of making pizza on on the campfire. I've enjoyed that. It's not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. It makes for a relaxing dinner. We tend to sit around the campfire and chat while the pizzas cook. Good times!

With my children… The boys enjoyed their time at camp. Alicia is there now. We are all looking forward to church camp in a week or so. Always a good time. We've spent time swimming in the pool and riding bikes. The summer slips by way too quickly for me.

On my mind… Working on writing the lessons for our church's Wednesday night program. I enjoy doing that, but sometimes I think it may be on my mind too much.

The book of the Bible I keep finding myself turning to lately… Acts. That's the book I've been studying all summer in preparation for writing the lessons for Step by Step. (We're finishing the NT this coming year.)

I am reading... Andrew Murray's "With Christ in the School of Prayer" and "Desiring God" by John Piper.

I am looking forward to… Having the Step by Step lessons all written. (Although that's awhile down the road yet!) And I'm hoping to be able to do some camping this fall with Wayne and the kids. I'd like to spend a week or so in the UP during color time.

No comments:

Post a Comment