Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Recipe - Peas and Asparagus

The other day I was given a pile of asparagus, and, having never cooked it before, I was a bit intimidated. So, I posted a plea for help on my Facebook status, and I received lots of helpful tidbits. I also searched my favorite cooking website, http://www.allrecipes.com/, to see what I could come up with there. I found lots of recipes that looked good, but the one we tried yesterday coupled asparagus with a veggie my family already enjoys, peas. I can't say the kids were thrilled with asparagus, but only Justin said he didn't like it, and even he ate it without too much complaining. I enjoyed it, and since I still have quite a big pile in the refrigerator, I'm looking to doing a bit more experimenting for lunch today. But here's the recipe as I made it yesterday. Enjoy!

PEAS AND ASPARAGUS
1/2 cup water
2 (10 ounce) packages frozen peas
3/4 pound fresh or frozen asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
Dash pepper

Bring water to a boil. Add peas, asparagus, butter, parsley, garlic salt and pepper. Return to a boil.
2.Reduce heat; cover and simmer until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment