Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What I'm Reading - Raising Chickens for Dummies

Yeah. Enough said?!? A few weeks ago we brought four little chicks into our lives. I had done a lot of internet research on how to raise chickens, and so I thought we were ready. And we were, but then I heard about this book, "Raising Chickens for Dummies," and I saw that it had receieved high ratings on Amazon. So, we welcomed yet another book into our home! ~smile~

I was really looking for a book that included blueprints for building a chicken coop when I noticed this book. I never did find what I was originally looking for, but "Raising Chickens for Dummies" will be a very valuable book as time goes on.

I haven't read the whole book yet. (Since we have just three week old chicks, I'm not worried about breeding them!) I've just read the pertinent information, and, as with all the dummy books I've read, it's thorough and well-written. It includes everything I was looking for in a basic chicken care book.

If you're just getting started with chickens, this will be a book you'll at least want to browse through. And, while you could probably find a lot of the same information online, there's just something cozy about being able to snuggle up with a book. And so, this book will be on the table next to my tub for awhile as I continue to glean information from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment