Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What I'm Reading - Growing Up Amish

So, I saw this book sitting on the new bookshelf at our local library, and it intrigued me.  The Amish lifestyle has always interested me.  I love the simplicity of it.  At the time I picked up this book, I wondered if I would enjoy it.  I wondered if it would bash the Amish, and I told myself that if it did, I wouldn't bother finishing it.

Growing Up Amish is the story of Ira Wagler coming of age.  Born and raised Amish, he waffled back and forth and back and forth as to whether he wanted to be Amish or not.  The waffling got a bit "old" after awhile.

In the end, he decided to quit living as a Amish man.

There, I saved you a bunch of time reading the book.  ~smile~

I had hoped to gain a few insights into the world of the Amish, but this book was a disappointment in that regard as well.

On the Melissa scale: I did finish the book, but if I owned the book, I'd give it to Goodwill.  I wouldn't recommend it because there are so many other books out there that are really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment