Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My New Ironing Board!

While I was surfing the 'net the other day I came across directions on how to make a small ironing board out of a wooden TV tray.  (http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2010/01/a-woman-a-plan-an-inexpensive-tv-tray-new-pressing-board.html)   I loved the idea.  When Alicia and I are sewing, it's always a bit of a hassle to leave the sewing machine and go to the ironing board.  But this one is table-top height, and extremely portable.  So, we can set it up right next to our sewing machine, and we're all set to go!  And when it's not in use, it can fold up flat.  Now I'm eager to use it!

I had a wooden TV tray already, and I had a scrap of some really cute fabric for the top.  I had to buy the cotton batting and some twill to put between the cute fabric and the batting.  Here's the one I made:

No comments:

Post a Comment